Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Humour / Waiting for Bayam

or the short film that does not exist ?!? Last summer Sridhar (he of Rebel in a Teacup fame) declared that he was shooting his 1st film along with his pal Dinesh.He was very excited about it and the to be short film was titled Bayam (Fear). He also proudly announced to me after our journalism class that they would be sending the film for short film festivals across the world. Me wannabe a filmmaker one day (if you didn’t know that already!!!) and went on a PR campaign promoting this entity. Virtually all my friends came to know about the now absconding magnum opus as I went gaga saying we must promote independent cinema in our midst. A few months passed and the director duo (ala Matt Damon and Ben Affleck) proudly announced the completion of their movie in Sridhar’s blog. Just when I was prepared to catch a pre editing screening of the film it went into a prolonged surgery on the editing table. It was stuck in cold storage for so long that I started getting my first doubts about whether there was any footage to edit in the first place (basically I started wondering if Bayam is the yeti of world cinema!). After I started pulling Sridhar’s leg about this, the master copy became just out of reach. It was rumored (by the co-director himself) to always be in his bag whenever we met, but only after we met! That is to say Sridhar would innocently say something like,'' Even today it was in my bag''. Now Dinesh and he have apparently screened it to a bunch of his friends.I am next in the hit list of prospective viewers. Sridhar has a last chance to prove that Bayam is not a myth he conjured to impress his fiancĂ©e! Amen.

5 comments:

manasa said...

Very nice post ! There is style,there is humour,there is wit.Your language grows better by the day,displaying maturity and sensitivity to all the issues you chose to write on.Keep it up!

Jeevan said...

Sridhar has good talent.

expertdabbler said...

padam parthuttu feedback sollu.

Anonymous said...

Sidd see "The Browning Version" starring Albert Finney and Sir Michael Gambon. It is a great movie.

R Girls said...

I miss chennai cinemas and the local comments in the theatres. I am sridhar's friend. Through his blog went through yours..Witty though.