Thursday, July 28, 2005

Freedom Of Thought

by P.N.Subramaniam I permit myself the liberty To form an view I make an honest effort To express my view I express my view in black and white It is there already But not entirely as it was In my Thought I permit myself the liberty To share my view With someone I find it difficult To risk and proceed further In order to really express myself The view I shared turns out to be Only half of what I really thought It is now no longer Entirely my view I permit myself the liberty To hide my view I conceal it In quiet silence Lies the real strength Of my view I stop thinking Now I have Neither a different view Nor the view of the other The writer,my father, is a retired German Professor.Poetry is one of his hobbies.The above is a translated version(translation done by him) of his german poem " Gedankenfreiheit".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a poet myself, I commend you on writing this poem!

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Wow, Your dad is amazing.!
Where did he teach? I am curious.?
( MCC any chance?)

Klingsor said...

Wow! I am curious to read also the german version of "Gedankenfreiheit"!