Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Our Class

Our class in school was special. What we shared together is something, which will be with us forever. Our lives have parted and we have gone in different directions. We all of us are in touch with some of our classmates at various levels. Like everything beautiful in life I realized the value of what we all had together only long after those innumerable special moments. After returning from a coffee house about a fortnight ago, this classmate of mine and I sat in his car outside my house, talking of our memories of our time together. There are so many happy and pleasant memories. I am sure all our classmates in such moments, with themselves or with others feel that bonding to every person of our wonderful class. And at such moments the passing of time stops mattering and we can almost feel being together again. All those misunderstandings and ego wars seem so petty now. For most of us I think the reason that we had these drifts was because we all wanted time to freeze in the bliss of our days together, especially the last two years. Somehow because this inevitably could not happen, it became painful, leading to some of us loosing touch. But I don’t think any of us really lost touch emotionally or ever will. For me personally, I have finally been able to overcome the pain of being separated from my wonderful classmates. All I am left with is a feeling of tremendous gratefulness for having been part of this special bunch of people. Of course there are some of them I feel more bonded to then others in my class. But that does not make me value the rest any less. This whole piece might seem sentimental, chicken soup kind of thing for some people reading this. But if any of my classmates are reading they are feeling exactly the way I am. We all celebrate what we had and indeed still have. Life is long and none of us know where it may lead us. Like someone said change is the only constant in our lives. But as we live I am sure those of us who have lost touch, will rediscover each other and those of us still in touch will never take for granted what we have. And always will.

5 comments:

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Though...school ended in 1976 and college in 1983....believe me..memories are still green...as you just mentioned. They cannot be erased by time...preserved well inside our wonderful brain.!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Came here thru Sridhars blog. saw ullam ketkume and read this article...made me feel quite nostalgic..
i did something which i would have never done...
i had the phone number of my college friend with whom i lost touch for years. just prayed to god the number didnt change...thank god it didnt..and u know we spoke for almost 30 mins...sitting here in a foreign land all alone made me feel quite blue...but after talking to her smile in my lips has not left..it just made my day
thanks buddy...
unknowingly people touch ur life

Vazhga Technology!!
Niha :-)

Kanishkaa said...

I actually liked your class a lot.Nice bunch of people.After Autograph and Ullam Ketkume nostalgia seems to have gripped you:-D

eyeStreet times said...

Well written. Guess, should make an extra effort to keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

hey ramani... i'm happy to be the first from our class to respond to your piece. when it comes to our class, its a feeling, somthing i can't quite put my finger on. it just makes me feel really good inside. it was by far the greatest time of my life and i'm glad it was to others as well. its difficult to erase any of those memories, because i believe it made most of us what we are today. thanks for taking the time to capture that so sweetly, when most of us are busy feeling it.. but not taking the time to show it... you know i'll always been there..... love as always....